- Sprouting Seeds
Add one drop 3% Hydrogen peroxide to ½ liter of water and soak the seeds overnight. Add the same amount of hydrogen peroxide for rinsing the seeds every time.
Add 2 oz. of 3% Hydrogen peroxide to your regular washing formula. It will disinfect the dishes and remove all the unnecessary and unhealthy bacteria’s.
- Washing and Laundry
You can also add a cup of hydrogen peroxide instead of bleach to whiten your white clothes in your laundry.
If there is a stain on clothing, pour the hydrogen peroxide solution directly on the spot. Let it sit for few minutes. Now rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat the same procedure if required. 3% Hydrogen peroxide must be applied to clothing before with heated water. After soaking, it should be] cleaned with Coldwater.
3% Hydrogen peroxide has been found to be an excellent stain removal. It can be used soon after a spill or even after few days.
By chlorinating clothes, they might tear out quickly. But, Hydrogen peroxide won’t allow such situation.
NOTE: Hydrogen peroxide might bleach or discolor your clothes.
- Cleans Kitchen and Household surfaces
To kill germs and get a fresh smell. Polish your work and table tops with hydrogen peroxide solution. Simply pour few drops of hydrogen peroxide on your dust cloth when you wipe.
You can also spray the solution on the counters. Fill a spray bottle with a 1:1 mixture of 3% Hydrogen peroxide and water.
- After washing off your wooden cutting board; pour or spray hydrogen peroxide solution and then vinegar on it to kill bacteria present in it.
- You can also clean glass and mirrors with no smudge. You can also Use it in the bathroom to clean the floors, counters, toilets, etc.
- To disinfect or sterilize the inner side of a refrigerator and your lunch boxes.
Directions: Take two spray bottles; add vinegar in one and Hydrogen peroxide in the other spray bottle. When you want to clean the surface, spray one mixture on the surface, then the other. If you mix both the solution, then the chemical action takes place and creates a very powerful sanitizer. Rinse off the surface afterward.
Use a pint of 3% hydrogen peroxide to 4 liters of water in a humidifier or steamer, to clear the air.
- Leftover tossed salad
To help store the leftover salads, spray with a solution of 1/2 cup water and 1 Tbsp 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Drain it, cover and refrigerate.
Mixing of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide are effective in killing pathogens than bleach. Combined Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide solution, kills bacteria present on heavily contaminated food and surfaces.
- Vegetable Soak
Hydrogen Peroxide is used as a vegetable wash to kill bacteria’s present on the vegetables. Add 1/4 cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to a full sink of cold water. Soak light skinned vegetables for 20 minutes, and thicker skinned vegetables for 30 minutes. Now drain the water, dry and refrigerate. It also elongates freshness.
You can also spray this solution on vegetables with a solution of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Keep it for a few minutes, rinse and dry.
- Meat Sanitizing
You can also use Hydrogen Peroxide to clean your meat before cooking.
Place meat in a casserole (not in aluminum pans). Apply a solution of 1:1 water and 3% H202. Now, by loosely covering it; place it in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour. Rinse and cook.
Other uses of hydrogen peroxide for health are-
- Lightens your skin
- Treats acne and remove scars
- Eliminates skin discoloration, blemishes, and age spots.
- Prevents, causing any infection might occur due to minor cuts, bruises or burns.
- Prevents yeast infection and Colonic or Enema
- Heals cuts and infection
- Used for a detoxifying bath
- Stops bleeding of wounds
- Protects your hair from free radicals or germs
- Helps in washing and disinfecting Contact Lenses
- Consists of bleaching agents and generally used for hair lightening.
- Improves your oral health
- Reduces Tooth Ache
- Treats calluses and cracked heels.
- Whitens Teeth
- Used as Mouthwash and prevents canker sores
- Treats ear infection
- Prevents fungus on nails
- Cures Foot fungus
Precautions of using Hydrogen peroxide
- Overusing of Hydrogen peroxide may put your health at risk.
- It can be a skin and eye irritant.
- It shouldn’t be ingested by any means.
- It kills your skin cells, making it dry, and rough. Therefore, it is recommended to first consult with your skin specialist before applying it.
Side Effects of Hydrogen peroxide
Redness, stinging, or irritation at the used area might occur.
If it worsens the situation, Stop using this medication and contact your doctor or pharmacist. A very serious allergic reaction to this product is rare.
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well