An alkaline diet is useful in reducing various chronic diseases like vitamin D deficiency, high blood pressure, arthritis, and diabetes.
An analysis shows that extremely alkaline diet leads to an additional alkaline pH scale level that helps our body to protect healthy cells from excreting out of your body. Alkaline diets are shown to assist our body to prevent calcium from mixing in water, prevent plaque formation in blood vessels, build stronger bones, stop kidney stones, and reduce muscle wasting.
Benefits of alkaline diet are –
- Lowers chronic pain and reduce inflammation
- Maintain bone structures
- Protect you from cancer
- Boosts vitamin absorption in our body
- Helps in muscle mass development
- Prevents magnesium deficiency in our body
- Improve immune function
- Lowers risk of high blood pressure, kidney stones, and cardiovascular disease
- Shields body bone density
Healthcare Foods that assist you to maintain your body:-
• Fresh fruits and vegetables- the foremost alkalinity present in fruits and vegetables. Such as barley, broccoli, garlic, ginger, cabbage, mushrooms, wheatgrass, citrus, avocado, spinach, grapefruit, tomatoes, green beans, watermelon radish, oregano, celery, cucumber red beet, and bananas.
- Raw foods- Uncooked fruits and vegetables are said to be life-giving foods. Cooking of foods reduces the alkaline minerals from the food. You should increase your intake of raw fruits and vegetables by making juice or gently be steaming.
- Alkaline water: Alkaline water is the best source which incorporates a PH scale of nine to eleven which is simply good to drink. Filtered water has a reverse diffusion which is slightly acidic; however, it is a much better choice than tap water or purified drinking water. Adding PH drops such as lemon, or baking soda to your water also can boost its pH scale.
- Green drinks: A green drink helps alkalize the blood. As the Drinks are made from green vegetables and grasses might be in powder form which is loaded with chlorophyll, it is structurally similar to our own blood and thus helps in alkalizing it.
Some of the Non-alkaline foods are-
Different kinds of beans also increase the acid amount in the body.
Oil of sesame, canola, safflower, corn, and avocado oil are acidic.
Meats such as beef, fish, lamb, pork, and turkey are acidic.
Oats, wheat, barley, and rice are all grains producing acid.
White pasta and alcohol are highly acidic.
Milk- Calcium is an alkaline substance and Milk is a calcium-rich dairy product which results in a number of the highest rates of osteoporosis. Due to which milk produce acidity within the body. And, once your blood becomes highly acidic, it’ll steal the calcium from the bones to equalize out the pH scale level. Therefore the best way to stop osteoporosis is to eat countless alkaline green leafed veggies!
All the above-given foods are having both pros and cons of consuming it. So even if a healthy food is to be taken in proper proportion and proper time for your health care.