Breast cancer is the most common disease among American women.
Breast cancer does not always produce all symptoms; a woman might experience some changes. A lump or mass in the breast is the most common symptom.
Breast cancer also occurs in male but are rare. Breast cancer can occur at any age in women, however, male breast cancer generally occurs in men over 60 years of age and symptoms are similar to the symptoms in women.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer –
o A dimple on the skin of the breasts
o Frequent Nipple discharge of blood
o Inverted nipple
o Irregular size or shape of the breast or nipple
o Lump in the armpit
o Lump in the breast
o The orange-peel texture on breasts
o Sore nipple
o Swelling of a part of the breast
o Swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpit
o Unbearable breast pain
What are the different types of breast cancer?
Types of Breast Cancer –
There are many types of breast cancer which depends upon the size of spreading cancer. There are many different types of breast cancer. Some are more common than others, and some are combinations of cancers.
The most commonly found types of cancer are –
- Invasive ductal carcinoma – This type of breast cancer occurs in a duct of the breast and which keeps on spreading and gets infected in the surrounding tissue. About 80% of breast cancer suffering women suffer from this type of breast cancer.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) also known as intraductal carcinoma – This type of cancer indicates that cancer has not spread and therefore it can be easily cured and have a high cure rate. This type of breast cancer does not need any instrumental treatment.
- Invasive lobular carcinoma – This type of breast cancer occurs inside milk produce milk glands.
The less common type of breast cancers are –
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma – This type of cancers occurs due to both glandular and cyst. They usually do not to spread much.
- Inflammatory breast cancer – This is a rare type of cancer occurs in women which makes the breast’s skin look reddish and feel inflammation in that area. It occurs due to the blockage of lymph vessels by cancer cells.
- Lobular carcinoma in situ – This is not a breast cancer, however, the observed cells look like cancer cells. But, it might lead to invasive breast cancer later in life.
- Medullary carcinoma – This is an infiltrating breast cancer which means that cancer has spread in the surrounding breast tissues.
- Mucinous carcinoma – This type of breast cancer occurs due to mucus-producing cancer cells.
- Paget’s disease of the nipple – This type of cancer occurs in the nipple, surrounding area of the nipple, and ducts of the breast. It looks like crust and reddish are around the nipple.
- Triple-negative breast cancers – This type of cancer occurs in women having lack of estrogen and protein (HER2) on their surface. It more often in younger aged women and has maximum found in African-American women.
Other uncommon types of breast cancer are –
- Papillary carcinoma
- Phyllodes tumor
- Tubular carcinoma
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well