7 Ways to use baking soda for skin problems
- Natural Cleanser
Baking soda helps in softening the sebum and debris on the skin. It also opens and clears up the pores and absorbs extra oil which causes the reason for clogging of the pores.
- Treats yeast infections
Baking soda has alkaline property and helps in balancing the pH level. Yeast infection might be caused by mouth, throat or digestive tract. Drink a baking soda mixed with water, continue this for 15 days.
- Removes acne scars
If your acne leaves behind a scar and it seems difficult to remove it. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water at a proportion of 4:1. Apply it to your skin for three times a day each for 3-5 minutes. The baking soda will exfoliate the skin and bring a fresh layer.
- Removes skin tanning
Make a paste with baking soda, water, and vinegar and apply it on your skin for at least once or twice a week. You will get the results.
- Removes blackheads
Baking soda contains anti-fungal properties and helps in loosening the skin around blackheads and makes it easier for removal.
- Soothes skin rashes
Add baking soda to coconut oil and make a paste, apply it on the face for 3-5 minutes, you will feel a soothing effect on your skin.
- Skin whitening
Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to your face in circular motion. Let it sit for 2 minutes and rinse it off. In case of a reddish or swollen face, apply moisturizer. It will whiten your skin and bring shine to your face.
How to use baking soda for hair?
1. Baking soda wash- If you have shoulder length hair, mix baking soda with water in the proportion of 1:3. It means one tablespoon of baking soda added with three tablespoons of water. Apply this mixture to wet or dry hair from roots till ends. Wash your hair.
- Vinegar wash – Mix apple cider vinegar with water at a proportion of 1:4. It means one tablespoon of vinegar added with 4 tablespoons of water. You can add rosemary essential oil to the mixture for reducing the smell. Apply it to your hair with your eyes closed or tilt your head forward to avoid the mixture in getting contact with your eyes.
Now rinse with cold water which helps in sealing the moisture. You will get a smooth and shiny straight hair.
Other benefits of Baking soda in household
- Baking Soda as a Natural Cleanser
Baking soda was used for cleaning and restoring the inner copper walls. It effectively removes the grime from the container without even damaging the copper.
- You can also make a paste of baking soda and water with a proportion of 4:1 and use it to scrub away grime from your shower or tap.
- Baking soda is an amazing thing to clean and scrub your bathtub and kitchen.
Put baking soda in a glass grated cheese container covered with stainless steel top which has holes in it, and sprinkle the baking soda on the area you want to clean and scrub. You can also add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice. Lavender and tea tree oil consist of anti-bacterial properties.
- You can also use baking soda to clean your barbecue grill. Take baking soda powder mixed with 1/4th of water on a cloth and scrub the grill and wash it with water.
- If you have some utensils which are baked on food. To wipe it off, you can soak the utensils in hot water added with baking soda, let it sit for 15 minutes. Now take a washing clothe and wipe it, you can see the easily wiped away baked-on food from your utensils.
- How can you polish silver materials without using toxic silver polish?
Here is a solution for you, fill your kitchen sink with hot water, add baking soda and a sheet of aluminum foil and let it sit for few minutes until the silver pieces soak the dirt until its clean. Your sink will shine as good as new one.
- Baking soda can also be used as a natural carpet cleaner. Sprinkle baking soda powder on the carpets; let it sit for 15 minutes, then clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
- If there is a minor grease fire in your kitchen, use baking soda paste to help in smoothing away the flames and your kitchen will look shiny and clean as it was previously.
- Baby toys get untidy and it keeps on felling over the ground. For cleaning baby toys, take a mixture of 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 half of water and wash it.
- If your shoe starts having a bad smell, sprinkle baking soda in your shoes which acts as a natural deodorizer and removes the smell.
- To help remove dirt and unhealthy particles from fruits and vegetables; Sprinkle baking soda on the vegetable brush. It will clean all the veggies and fruits with no harmful object for our body.
- Baking soda is also used as a fabric softener and helps your clothes get more whither and brighter. Add one cup of baking soda on your laundry while washing. You will have smooth and soft clothes to wear.
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well