Sesame seeds are considered to be a high-calorie food based on a small number of Sesame Seeds. But, it contains essential healthy fats and amino acids.
Health benefits of Sesame seeds are –
- Protects Against Radiation
Sesamol is a compound found in sesame seeds has been observed to protect our DNA from the harmful effects of radiation occurred during the treatment of cancer by chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Sesame seeds avoid DNA splitting which might occur due to radiation which also reduces the chances of getting any other forms of cancer due to cellular mutation.
- Reduce Inflammation, increases iron uptake, strengthen bones
- Sesame seeds contain a high amount of copper which is known for reducing inflammation in joints, and muscles, therefore reduce the arthritis pain.
- Copper also helps in strengthening the bones, blood vessels, and joints. Plus phytoestrogen present in Sesame seeds helps in building stronger bones, and lower the risk for various diseases like cancer and osteoporosis. Calcium and phosphorous are also found in the Sesame seeds which helps in building bone material and optimizing bone density.
- Copper is an essential mineral for our body, for the proper uptake of iron which increases hemoglobin. Therefore, it maximizes circulation and supplies oxygen to the full body. This prevents the risk of anemia disease. It is good for people who are vegetarians and vegans for fulfilling the iron requirements of the body as they do not get sufficient iron which a non-vegetarian does from meat, seafood’s, and poultry.
- Prevents cancer
Sesame seeds contain huge lignans content which is necessary to avoid cancer.
- Keeps digestive system healthy
- Sesame seeds are easily digested by due to its high alkaline mineral content.
- Methionine is also found in sesame seeds in huge amount which aids in liver detoxification.
- Sesame seeds avoid colon cancer, as it is good for your digestive tract.
- Helps Regulate Blood Pressure & Cholesterol and therefore protects the heart
Sesame seeds rank highest in cholesterol-lowering food among 27 different nuts, legumes, grains, and seeds tested till now.
- Sesame seeds contain a high amount of lignans which improves blood lipid profiles and help in normalizing cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Phytosterols lower cholesterol levels and help in blocking cholesterol absorption within the intestinal tract. Thus, it will lower the cholesterol levels in our bloodstream and thus helps to avoid heart-related problems.
- Sesame seeds also help high blood pressure patient by normalizing BP with the use of sesame oil within just 45 days. It also helps hypertensive patients. Sesame seeds lower LDL cholesterol and improve the blood pressure.
NOTE – Sesame seeds are high in fat and calories. But, this isn’t harmful to the heart. A small number of sesame seeds won’t affect the heart. Thus, Sesame seeds help in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- Reduce Hypertension
According to research, sesame seeds contain necessary nutrients which reduce stress.
- Maintain Blood Sugar Levels
Sesame seeds reduce the chances of diabetes by helping our body to improve medication’s functionality and regulate the insulin and glucose levels in the body.
- Benefits of Vitamin B
- Vitamin B is required by our boy to improve metabolic functions and helps in dealing with stress and cognitive problems by the brain.
- Sesame seeds have a lot of vitamin B and thiamine puffed in it. Thiamine is known for helping our body to metabolize fats and protein and convert the carbohydrates into glucose, which is then used by the body in the form of energy. Therefore, it is a great post-workout snack.
- Helps Improve Skin Health
Since many years, sesame oil has been used to treat skin tanning, burns, wounds, dryness, and sensitivities. You can also make tahini paste by soaking sesame seeds in water and then blending it.
- Sesame seeds contain healthy fats which can lower inflammation and helps in moisturizing the skin.
- Sesame seeds act as a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent who can remove bacteria’s that can clog pores.
- Sesame seeds are a good source of amino acids, vitamin E, Vitamins B, and necessary fatty acids. All of these can help our skin for cell regeneration and prevent early signs of aging.
- A little amount of zinc is present in sesame seeds which can repair the damaged tissue and produce collagen which will improve your skin’s elasticity and provide you a healthy glowing skin.
- You can directly apply the paste on your skin or you can eat it.
- Improves Oral Health
The most amazing effects of sesame seeds are its powerful effects on oral health. When you apply sesame seed oil around the mouth, it works as a strong antibacterial effect and improves oral health. This process called oil pulling.
- Boost Metabolic Function
Sesame seeds contain a high amount of protein, which adds to overall strength, mobility energy levels, healthy cellular growth, and a boosted metabolic function.
- Benefits of Vitamin E
Vitamin E present in Sesame seeds is extremely beneficial in preventing oxidative stress inflammation. It is good for skin and hairs.
- Boosts Nutrient Absorption
As sesame seeds help in boosting nutrient absorption in our body, this will directly prevent human aging-related diseases, such as cancer and heart disease.
- Helps in losing weight
Sesame seeds are high in fiber content which can avoid food cravings by keeping you full for a long time and thus it can help you lose weight.
- Can Help Balance Hormones
Sesame seeds contain healthy phytoestrogen which improves the estrogen level and helps women who are experiencing irregular periods and also who are going through menopause. During this time, these women have low estrogen levels and phytoestrogen helps to balance hormones. Thus, it is also good for women’s fertility.
It also reduces symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, bone loss, and weakness.
NOTE – Excess intake of phytoestrogen can be harmful to a human body. Therefore, it should be taken in moderation.
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well