Your immune system play most important role in protecting your body against disease-causing microorganisms. To avoid any kind of disease, you need to improve your immune system. As we grow old, our immune response ability lowers which leads to more infections, diseases, cancer, and other age-related conditions.
What can you do to boost your immune system?
Sometimes, the effects of lifestyle on the immune system can’t be predicted. To strengthen your immune system, you need to choose a healthy lifestyle.
- Catch some sun rays. Sunlight helps in the skin’s production of vitamin D. A 10-minute daily exposure to the sun is sufficient for your body. Do not apply sunscreen, and never go in between 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. on Hot summer days. It helps in avoiding respiratory infection and other bone-related diseases.
- Don’t be stressed. Try to laugh more and make others happy. Overstress is usually reflected on our body and can be checked by the number of times the heart beats each minute and also by blood pressure. If you are frequently overstressed, then you are more likely to build cardiovascular-related health conditions.
- Don’t smoke. It also raises the risk of bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Exercise regularly for 60 minutes. Exercise can contribute to a good health and also to a healthy immune system. It promotes good circulation and allows the cells of the immune system to move freely through all parts of the body.
- Follow a healthy diet including fresh fruits and green vegetables. A healthy immune system needs good and regular nourishment. Minerals such as zinc, folic acid, iron, selenium, copper, and vitamins like A, B6, C, and E is essential nutrients for a healthy immune system.
- For avoiding infection, try to follow a good hygiene such as washing your hands frequently. Also, try to cook meats properly to avoid infection.
- Get adequate sleep, try to maintain a schedule.
Getting at least 7 to 8 hours sleep is very necessary for people who are 18 above. Your body needs a healthy sleep every day after working for the remaining hours. It will not only build a good immune system, but also it will keep you fresh, stress-free, and help you in easy decision making. Keep in mind that sleep deprivation and stress overload increase the hormone cortisol, and if reached extreme level, it will suppress immune function.
- Go for the garlic. Garlic is a huge antimicrobial agent and immune booster.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation, i.e. one glass for a woman and two glasses for a man. Excess alcohol consumption increases vulnerability to lung infections.
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid weight-related disease.
Regular exercise can improve your mood, boost your capacity to fight against infection and lower your risk for heart disease, diabetes, helps control body weight, and maintains normal blood pressure. Exercise helps you feel better and live longer.
Taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement might help you in satisfying all kinds of necessary nutrients which are essential for our body. It also puts some beneficial effects on the immune system and builds it stronger. However, taking mega-doses of a single vitamin will not work well.
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well