List of vitamin E foods
Here is a list of the food source rich in vitamin E that can help you naturally supplement your vitamin E deficit include:
1. Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E. Even a single ounce of dry roasted sunflower seeds contains 7.4 mg of vitamin E which is sufficient enough to fulfill nearly 90% of your daily requirement. If you don’t find sunflower seeds, you consume sunflower oil which contains 5.6 mg of vitamin E.
2. Parsley: Parsley is rich in vitamin E; it is generally used for additional flavor in foods.
3. Avocado: Even a half cut avocado provides 2 mg of vitamin E with 161 calories. It plays an important role in both your vitamin E as well as calorie intake.
4. Swiss chard: Swiss chard is a popular and healthiest among all greens consisting of a huge amount of vitamins A, C, and K, and vitamin E. One cup of boiled Swiss chard is can provide you about 17% of your daily requirements of vitamin E.
5. Pine Nuts: Take an ounce of pine nuts which provides 2.6 mg vitamin E with 191 calories. You can also add pine nuts in your salads or you can sprinkle some pine nut oil.
6. Almonds: Nuts generally provide a high amount of vitamin E with 7.5 mg in every ounce.
7. Spinach: Spinach is an extremely healthy green vegetable which contains adequate amounts of folates, calcium, and vitamin E. A cup of boiled spinach can provide you about 20% of your daily requirements of vitamin E. It is also a rich in fiber which helps in weight loss by reducing your cravings.
8. Turnip Greens: Tulip greens are very high in nutrition. Even a half a cup of turnip greens can provide you 2.9 mg of vitamin E.
9. Kale: Kale is a well-known salad green that also provides a decent amount of vitamin E and many nutrients. Take one cup of boiled kale can provide you with 6% of your daily requirements of vitamin E.
10. Mustard Greens: One cup of boiled mustard greens can provide you about 14% of your daily requirements of vitamin E.
Vitamin E deficiency symptoms
Here are few vitamin E overdose symptoms. Deficiencies of vitamin E can lead to:
- Dryness of skin
- Stomach or digestive tract problems
- Reproductive and fertility issues
- Mild anemia
- Leg cramps
Vitamin E over consumption effect
Exceeding your body limit might lead to serious side effects. People suffering from the following health issues should avoid taking oral vitamin E supplements-
- Vision loss (Retinitis Pigmentosa)
Taking vitamin E supplements can accelerate up vision loss among patients suffering from retinitis pigmentosa.
People suffering from diabetes should avoid Vitamin E supplements as it can increase the risks of heart failure.
- Neck cancer
People suffering from neck cancer should avoid taking more than 400 IU vitamin E per day.
- Low vitamin K levels
It can worsen clotting problems in case of vitamin K deficiency.
- Cardiac issues
Vitamin E might increase the risks of heart attack among people who already had heart-related problems.
Vitamin E is a blood thinner; it can lead to more bleeding and definitely should be not be consumed before and after surgery.
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well