• Natural fat oil, high-fat sauces – You can use natural high-fat oils like butter or coconut fat oil, or olive oil and in sauces, you can use Bearnaise sauce.
• Fish and seafood – These are all good to include in a keto diet, especially fatty fish like salmon. A wild-caught fish is also a good choice.
• High-fat dairy – You can take high-fat dairy like high-fat cheese is fine and high-fat yogurts can be consumed in moderation. Avoid drinking milk as one glass equals to 15 grams of carbs. Avoid caffè latte low-fat yogurts, especially as they often contain lots of added sugars.
• Nuts – You can eat it in moderation. Avoid cashews as they are high carb. Choose macadamia or pecan nuts.
• Berries – Berries like strawberries, blueberries can be taken in moderation.
• Eggs – Eat them any way you want like boiled, fried in butter, with a slice of wheat bread. You can eat up to 36 eggs per day.
• Meat – Unprocessed meats are low-carb and help your body to produce a lot of ketones. A grass-fed meat is the healthiest of all. But, a keto diet should not be high in protein, and since meat has a huge amount of proteins so you need to eat it in moderation. Excess protein is converted to glucose, making it harder for you to get into ketosis. Keep in mind that processed meats, like sausages, cold cuts, and meatballs contain more carbs.
• Fresh or frozen Leafy Green Vegetables – Vegetables growing above ground contain good fat which can be included in a keto diet. You can also fry them in butter and pour plenty of olive oil on your salad.
• Dark chocolate – A square of dark chocolate dark chocolate with cocoa above 70%. • Dark chocolate – A square of dark chocolate dark chocolate with cocoa above 70%.
• Drinks or beverages –
Water – You need 8 glass of water (hot/cold) every day. You can sip it hot like a tea, or add lemons, sliced cucumbers, or limes. If you had a headache or any symptoms of “keto flu“, add a few shakes of salt to your water.
Coffee – You can make a bulletproof coffee. No sugar.
Tea – You can have black, green, mint, or herbal tea with no sugar and milk.
Bone broth – Bone broth keeps you hydrated, satisfied, and provide you with all necessary nutrients. You can add little butter.
Alcohol – You can have a glass of dry wine (red or white), vodka, champagne, brandy, whiskey, and cocktails without sugar.
Click to know about related articles –
⦁ How to know you’re in ketosis?
⦁ Side Effects of Keto Diets
High-carb foods to avoid
• Any Sugar products– Soft drinks, fruit juice, sports drinks, sweets, candy, cakes, honey, maple syrup, cookies, chocolate, donuts, etc. You can have a glass of beer as it is rapidly absorbed carbs with few lower-carb.
• Legumes– Such as beans and lentils, are high in carbs too. You can replace all of these foods with- Keto bread, Keto pasta, Keto rice.
• Margarine– You need to avoid margarine as it is made to imitated butter which contains an unnaturally high amount of omega-6 fat. It might also lead to asthma, allergies and other inflammatory diseases.
• Starch– Avoid bread, rice, noodles, pasta, potatoes (including sweet potatoes), etc.
• Fruit– You can have all sweet fruits. Plus it will be good if you ate one fruit at a time. Do not drink a mix of fruit juice.
Author: Hiten Patil
Hiten is Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other platform as well