After root canal treatment, your stomach craving starts and wants food to energize your body again. This is how you begin to think about “what foods you can eat after root canal treatment? “
Well, you should also look into “what foods you cannot eat after root canal treatment?”
You might also think “how long after a root canal can you eat solid food?” The answer is for about 3-4 days avoid eating hard food. However, depending on the severity of the situation of your teeth ask your doctor before eating anything.
Note-You can eat only soft and cold food just after root canal treatment.
Before knowing the foods you can eat and foods you cannot eat; there are few points that you need to be careful with-
- Eat slowly.
- Eat on the opposite of the treated tooth.
- Due to the effect of anesthesia, your mouth remains num for few hours. Thus, you have to be very careful about eating stuff. And don’t accidentally bite on something that might lead to severe pain or any other issues.
- To avoid less chewing, eat only soft food.
- Avoid hot foods or hot drinks.
What foods you can eat after root canal treatment?
- Fruits, including bananas, pears, mangos, papaya, applesauce, peaches, and any smooth fruits
- Soft cereals and Oatmeal
- Pasta and noodles
- Mashed vegetables, like potatoes and cauliflower
- Yogurt, milkshakes, and ice cream, without choco chips and nuts
- Wheat Cream
Note- If ANY of the above foods causes you pain, go immediately to the doctor. Or ask your dentist before eating anything as prevention is better than cure.
You can have smooth foods immediately after the surgery; it will aid you in soothing the area of your mouth where the treatment has been done. You can have ice cream after root canal treatment but only without any nuts and choco chips.
What foods you cannot eat after root canal treatment
After root canal therapy you have to be more careful about what not to eat or drink after root canal treatment. If you eat something wrong, it could increase the risk of breaking the tooth, and it would lead to more complicate the situation. If you have any question about “how long after a root canal can you eat solid food?” You can eat solid food after 3-4 days after the treatment.
- Avoid crunchy foods such as carrots and apples.
- Avoid hard foods such as walnuts, pistachio, almonds, etc.
- Chew your foods like a chewing gum
- Avoid alcohol as it could increase bleeding.
- Extremely hot foodstuffs like soup, coffee or tea which leads to more sensitivity.
Note- All of the above mentioned or any other hard food might cause you a severe pain in your teeth and increases the risk of being broken. Therefore, it is in our hand to avoid such incident.
Author: Sarang Awaze
Sarang is SEO Expert and Content Writer and He write about all platform like health and wellness related blog and other technical writing as well